PDEA operatives arrest Pangasinan’s most wanted drug pusherMay 13, 2013 12:12 pm
Operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) recently arrested the most wanted drug pusher in Region 1 in an entrapment operation, the agency reported on Sunday.
PDEA Director General Undersecretary Arturo Cacdac Jr. identified the suspect as Rogelio Moreno, alias Ongkil, 40 years old, married, and a resident of Barangay Alac, San Quintin, Pangasinan.
Combined elements of PDEA Regional Office 1 (PDEA RO1) under Director Jeoffrey Tacio, Umingan Police Station and San Quintin Police conducted an entrapment operation in Barangay Nancalabasaan, Umingan, Pangasinan at around 11:20 a.m.
The operation resulted in the arrest of Moreno who yielded three heat-sealed transparent plastic sachets of methamphetamine hydrochloride, locally known as shabu, a Yamaha motorcycle, a caliber .357 revolver, four pieces of live ammunition and a marked P500 bill.
Moreno is the primary suspect in the throwing of an improvised explosive device at the Pangasinan Special Enforcement Team Office located at Barangay Bayaoas, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan.
Cases for violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) Article II, of Republic Act 9165, otherwise known as the “Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and violation of RA 8294 (Illegal Possession of firearms) in relation to the Omnibus Election Code have been filed against Moreno.
At a Glance
- HOUSE DECLARES MALUNGGAY NATIONAL VEGGIE
- ALBAY FARMER’S SON IS PMA VALEDICTORIAN
- MAGUINDANAO FARMERS BEWAIL DRY SPELL
- PHILHEALTH COVERS 11,000 FAMILIES IN S. COTABATO
- GUIMARAS TO SUE OWNERS OF M/V SPORTIVO OVER OIL SPILL
- NEW PEACE MONITORS IN MINDANAO BY WEDNESDAY
- 4.1-MAGNITUDE QUAKE HITS DAVAO
- PCA TO FOCUS INTERVENTIONS ON 4 LEYTE LGUS
- CHINESE ARE TOP BORACAY VISITORS
- P400,000 marijuana burned in Benguet