6 theft suspects arrested in Dipolog CityJune 9, 2013 8:49 pm
Zamboanga City: Police arrested six people who allegedly stole the handbag of a shopper in Dipolog City in Zamboanga del Norte over the weekend.
Police said that, the suspects believed to be part of a robbery gang, were arrested with the help of footages from a security camera installed inside the Dipolog Center Mall where the group took the bag of Rosalie Pagasian, 40, a resident of Roxas town.
Authorities said that the woman was shopping with her husband Noel Pagasian, 42, when they lost the bag which was placed in a pushcart.
The couple sought the help of the mall’s security personnel and they were able to identify the suspects with the help of the footages and phoned the police to report the crime.
Policemen led by Sr. Insp. Rolando Matinong tracked down the suspects at a flea market and arrested them one by one.
The suspects have been identified by the police as Felicisimo Bacalso, 68; Jofel Bacalso, 31; Johnver de la Cruz, 22; Carla Natividad, 34; Fe Piñon, 52; Victoria Bacalso, 60; all of Kolambogan town in Lanao del Norte province.
Police said that they recovered the woman’s bag containing cellphones, money and important documents. It was not immediately known whether the couple would file criminal charges against the gang.
At a Glance
- HOUSE DECLARES MALUNGGAY NATIONAL VEGGIE
- ALBAY FARMER’S SON IS PMA VALEDICTORIAN
- MAGUINDANAO FARMERS BEWAIL DRY SPELL
- PHILHEALTH COVERS 11,000 FAMILIES IN S. COTABATO
- GUIMARAS TO SUE OWNERS OF M/V SPORTIVO OVER OIL SPILL
- NEW PEACE MONITORS IN MINDANAO BY WEDNESDAY
- 4.1-MAGNITUDE QUAKE HITS DAVAO
- PCA TO FOCUS INTERVENTIONS ON 4 LEYTE LGUS
- CHINESE ARE TOP BORACAY VISITORS
- P400,000 marijuana burned in Benguet